empty empty

Welcome to Northwestern REC

Our Mission Statement: Northwestern Rural Electric Cooperative, as a member-owned electric service utility, will seek innovative ways to provide reliable and economical services to improve the overall quality of life in our areas of influence.

Northwestern REC was organized by local farmers and other rural folks in 1935 and incorporated on February 13, 1936 - the first electric distribution cooperative in Pennsylvania. First energized on May 19, 1937, Northwestern REC now serves 20,000 members in Crawford, Erie, Venango, Mercer and Warren Counties in Pennsylvania.